Today, CCS Europe and 12 other organisations co-signed an open letter calling for concrete demand and supply side initiatives to promote a market for low-carbon products in the Industrial Carbon Management Strategy.
The co-signatories are urging the Commission to address the following:
- Announce and publish a low-carbon products strategy
- Announce and establish science-based methodologies for low-carbon products to accurately account for their embodied carbon based on their whole life-cycle.
- Revise the EU procurement rules to include mandatory sustainability criteria.
- Support the establishment of private buyers’ alliances of European companies to quickly scale demand for green basic materials.
- Assess and establish incentives for upstream producers of low-carbon products and downstream users of low-carbon end-products.
Read the full letter here!